Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The Goalies Den

So this week im going to take a break from talking about the Lockout because honestly it just frustrates me more and mroe knowing that there might not be an NHL season. This week I wanna talk about my favorite position and thats the goal keeper position. Its the position I myself play and I love it. It is quite possibly the most scrutinized positions in all of sports. It a position that comes with the most pressure to perform at the best. You have to be able to react in seconds to stop a frozen piece of rubber, flying at over 90 miles per hour. Some people say that you have to be crazy or have a few screws loose to be a goalie. I say you have to be someone who is brave enough to stand in front of that shot over and over again, so your team can win. There will be games when a goalie has a bad game and gives up 5 or 6 goals. The difference between a good goalie and a bad goalie though is how he comes back after a not so good performance. To be a good goalie you have to be able to let it all roll off your shoulders and not worry about what happened in the past. You have to just keep going and stop everything else in front of you. There is no greater feeling than slamming the door shut on a player who thinks he has you beet,

No comments:

Post a Comment